- Ward-Off Cardiovascular Disease. (That’s medical speak for “healthy heart”!) How so? Green tea can help prevent build-up in arteries and block the oxidation of bad cholesterol (LCL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL).
- Boost Immunity. The polyphenols and flavonoids found in green tea can help your body stay strong and fight against infections — which could help contribute to a long and happy life with your loved ones.
- Promote Longevity. Polyphenols, which are green tea’s primary antioxidant, fight against free radicals which helps your body fight against aging. So we say three cheers — and three cups of tea — to this anti-aging idea!
- Compounds in Green Tea Can Make You Smarter! The combination of the naturally occurring caffeine in green tea with the amino acid L-theanine can help improve brain function, increase focus and concentration and even help ease anxiety, according to many studies.
- Lower Blood Pressure. Green tea has been found to repress angiotensin, which spikes blood pressure levels. And who isn’t happier in life with lower blood pressure?